Search This Blog

Saturday 18 August 2012

Risk, Failure and Suffering

These are not fun words!
But these were amongst the topics we have been covering in our classes with the Embark students.

They are pretty heaving topics and brought up some great discussion. I've never really liked to fail, but in a strange sort of way I got quite excited about what happens when we meet failure head on, see what we can learn and decide to allow it to be a springboard for future accomplishments. You might like to check out a fantastic website http://www.admittingfailure.com/about/story/
or watch a great TED talk on the importance of sharing our failures here 

My excitement about failing was put to the test yesterday when I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies for the girls. They were SUCH a failure that I had to squish them into cupcake thingys! 


But apparently they still tasted good!

No comments:

Post a Comment