Search This Blog

Friday 9 November 2012

Saying Goodbye

Life got too busy at the end of my time in Thailand and so its been too long since I posted. Sorry folks!

I have now been home 12 days and thought I should just 'sign off'' and let you know that blogging is over for now - until I go travelling again.


There was a week of saying 'Goodbye' before I left.
We said Goodbye to the ladies who ran the little local restaurant in Doi Saket, where we ate most week days and who served the best Thai food I ate the whole time I was in Thailand.


And we had to say Goodbye to 'the donut lady' we bought donuts from at the market each Tuesday evening. She knew each of our orders and always greeted us with a very big smile.

 

Then there were the members of the YFC Asia Pacific team (not all pictured here!) and the AP Area office.



And 'the Christian lady' who cooked the second best Thai food I ate whilst in Thailand. Her restaurant was very close to the Area office and so we ate there a number of times. She always smiled her beautiful big smile when she saw us drive up.


And, of course, I had to say 'Goodbye' to our beautiful tropical paradise home which I enjoyed for three months.



And 'my Thailand family'. Thank you, beautiful women. God brought us together 'for such a time as this' and He sure knew what He was doing!

And then, without any hitches with timetables or luggage, I was home to kids and grandkids. It felt sooooo.. good to be almost knocked over at the ariport by little grandchildren trying to get to Granny first!

 Thanks for coming on the journey with me. I look forward to travelling with you again sometime in the future.
I don't know when or where that will be, but God does.





No comments:

Post a Comment