Search This Blog

Friday 22 July 2016

Favourite day

I think that yesterday was  probably one of my favourite days since coming to Ethiopia just over six weeks ago. The VBS lesson in the morning was about Jesus washing his disciples' feet from

After the lesson the teachers put this into practice.

 

They washed the students' feet


and they loved it.


Amen even went the extra mile and washed one of  the children's sandals. (Did you notice  that they are not a pair?)


The foot washing took off


with staff washing each others' feet,


students washing volunteers' feet


 and vice versa.



I washed Nadia's feet 


and Elsa wanted to wash mine.

 

 She did such a great job. Everyone was so enthusiastic and thorough.


and could explain to me what this was all about.


 When Elsa was going home



 she gave me a note which she had written in almost perfect English:
"I remembered what I was going to tell you before. I wanted to wash your feet like Jesus did"

Special day!







No comments:

Post a Comment