Search This Blog

Sunday 3 September 2017

The family I'm living with in São Luis, Brazil

The head of the family is Rosalina.

The other two people who live here right now are


Rosalina's daughter Flavya and me. Flavya is a volunteer with YFC.


Other family members


visit from time to time 


and while I've been here there was a new baby welcomed into the family. 


 We have enjoyed playing card games and watching movies on Flavya's bed together,


and playing a game with stones that Flavya taught me on 'my' bedroom floor.


 
Rosalina taught me how to make

 

these gorgeous flowers.


On some Thursday nights, Rosalina and I have gone to the feira (the local fruit, veg and fish market), to buy our fruit and veg for the week


and this morning I went to English class with Flavya. That was fun.


After class we enjoyed a walk around the nearby Praça Gonçalves Dias


 And finished our morning with lunch at the little restaurant next door to 'our house'. Beautiful food with a beautiful young woman.



No comments:

Post a Comment