Search This Blog

Wednesday 7 September 2011

Mal's birthday

25th August was Mal's birthday.  I was thrilled that my children remembered and, along with Mal's brother, emailed to say that they were thinking of him and of me - warmed my heart and made me cry at the same time. Good tears! Thankful tears. Thankful to God for my beautiful husband and the wonderful years we lived and loved life together.

25th August is also the birthday of a very gorgeous 13 year old living close to us in Kigali, Rwanda. Alliance lives with the RYFC director and his family so that she can attend Kigali Christian School. We were invited to share in her birthday celebrations.


Here she is about to talk to her dad who called to wish her 'Happy Birthday'.  The director gave a speech - of course!! Africans LOVE speeches and this was a very worthy recipient!  In his speech JB also made mention of Mal, who shared her birthday.  He told Alliance that she would do well to live her life like he did - a life of service to others - more tears for me!! Thankful tears again.



We enjoyed a sumptuous Rwandan meal with the family and then it was time for cake and candles.  Yummy cake!

Happy birthday, Alliance

No comments:

Post a Comment