Search This Blog

Sunday 12 June 2016

Early days with YFC in Ethiopia

It's taken some time to sort internet connection. Maybe its sorted, at least for the moment. Hope so.
 
 
Part of my very warm welcome at the YFC office was this welcome banner. I had emailed a photo of myself to Alem, the national director, so that she would know who she was meeting at the airport. One of the guys made it into a banner. It was a lovely gesture. 

Here are some photos of my first day.
 

 It's very common in Africa to have lunch at your place of employment or ministry

 

and so we all ate outside together.



We ate spicy rice, potatoes with beans & garlic and avocado with onion & green chillis. It was yummy.



Afternoon tea was new for me and really healthy. It was a mix of boiled chick peas, maize, barley, beans and another pulse I didn't recognise! Nothing else added. A new taste sensation for me but I would be quite happy to have it again.
 


 We had a bit of fun together as we relaxed outside again

 

 Then it was time for some games to start to get to know a couple of the young people who come to the centre.


You don't need too much language to play games.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Jane I think I sat where you sat and ate a similar thing! Praying you are a blessing and are totally blessed while you are there! Give our love to Alem! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you are settling in well. Ali

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the update Jane. Looking forward to seeing and hearing more of your time in Ethiopia. Please greet Alem for me! Peggy Zeman

    ReplyDelete