Search This Blog

Thursday 21 June 2018

My new young friend Trevor

When I came home from church last Sunday, as I went through the gates of the apartment complex, I met one of the guards, Lydia, with her son Trevor. Trevor was busy drawing/copying an adult cartoon from a newspaper. It wasn't an edifying message at all, and, in my opinion, it wasn't suitable for an eightish year old boy to be engaging with. Lydia agreed with me. I asked if there was something else that he could be drawing. Lydia's response was: "Do you have something?"  Fair comment. I had to wrack my brains.

Yes, I realised that I did have something at my place. Would he like to draw a kangaroo?

I had brought with me, as gifts, some drawstring bags I had made from Aussie fabrics. One is all kangaroos. Trevor was my first recipient. He was VERY happy with the bag and a pencil with kangaroos on it.


He set about drawing his first ever kangaroo and then brought it down to me as a present. It says:
Present:  From Trevor To Jane

Love it! Thank you, Trevor.


Of course I wanted to take a photo of Trevor with his kangaroo bag


 and one with his lovely mum.

God used you two to bless my day.


No comments:

Post a Comment