Search This Blog

Saturday 2 July 2011

Almost ready now

Counting down the days until departure now. 5 more sleeps and so much to do! And so much excitement! In a small country town everyone know who you are and what you're doing. And so today when I went shopping and to the post office, lots of people were wishing me well and giving me hugs. It was great. I love living in a small country town and this little town will always hold a very special place in my heart. It's probably where I have lived my happiest and my saddest days. One day I'll leave and there will always be great memories here for me.

Getting ready to go has been a busy, busy time. So many people have helped me to get ready. My tech-head young friends have been fabulous with helping to sort my laptop, Facebook and the blog. Spring will have sprung by the time I get home and some fabulous family and friends have helped with gardening so that things will still be in good order when I come home in October.

Check out the beautiful grandchildren working hard to help mulch Granny's garden! 
 Sue and I have a little project going that we hope to start in Rwanda with some widows, helping them to generate some income.  My friend Kiddy taught me to decorate cards using recycled envelopes and magazine pages. They look really good. I doubt they will have envelopes like this in Rwanda but there are all sorts of options with recycled papers.


  On Thursday we had a great afternoon at my house with a dozen women learning how to make the cards. We had a lot of laughs and made some great cards and also learned a lot about how to go about teaching the women in Rwanda. Thanks ladies!! And thanks Loi for the yummy lemon cake for afternoon tea.
If the women in Rwanda like the idea and make some cards of their own I'll take some photos and let you see!


No comments:

Post a Comment