Search This Blog

Monday 25 July 2011

Food for thought


A friend emailed this comment to me after my 21st July post and I thought it was really worth passing on.


“I love the 4WD!  But I really hope people reading this don't feel sorry for the children and send them toys.  They are blessed to be able to live a simple life and use their imaginations like this.  They are having so much more fun than an Aussie child with a houseful of toys.  I remember someone telling me a story about PNG where the children used to make a ball out of reeds or some such material, and then when they were finished it was just thrown into the bush.  Some foreigner felt sorry for them and bought them a ‘real’ ball, and it caused so many fights and problems...”



That’s food for thought for all of us who have ‘too much stuff’.

Thanks EH

No comments:

Post a Comment