Search This Blog

Monday 1 October 2012

Great is Thy Faithfulness!

Yesterday we sang this beautiful old hymn at church. Great is Thy Faithfulness.
It holds so much meaning and so many memories for me. 

Mal and I sang it on our wedding day nearly 14 years ago.


One of the lines that stands out for me is: 'Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow'


'Bright hope for tomorrow'. An exciting life ahead of us with Jesus.
 .
  

 What fun we had! What adventures! What  priveleges God gave us as we served Him together.
Thank you, Jesus. Thank you, Mal.


  Three years ago we said 'goodbye for now'. 

We sang Great is Thy Faithffulness at Mal's thanksgiving service. 
That same line was full of meaning for me then too: 'Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow'. Amidst my tears I believed it wholeheartedly then and I still do. God is so good to me and although I go now without my dearest companion in life, my journey is exciting and fulfilling. God knew. God knows and He's awesome. He gives me strength for each new today and my hope for tomorrow is in His promises.

Yesterday, when we sang in church I couldn't sing again through my tears.
They were tears of sadness because the love of my life is no longer by my side. And they were mingled with tears of thankfulness to a God who gives wonderful gifts and has seen me through each day and will continue to do just that.


No comments:

Post a Comment