Search This Blog

Friday 28 September 2012

We live in a tropical paradise

How good is God to give us SUCH a beautiful home to enjoy whilst studying and equipping young leaders to serve Him in others cultures. 

There is constant noise here - frogs, birds- both local and imported, geckos (surprisingly these very small lizards make quite a noise), roosters, dogs and the house cat, Pee Paw.


Thailand has a tropical climate which is defined as: a climate which is typical of equatorial and tropical regions, that is, one with continually high temperatures and with considerable precipitation, at least during part of the year. 

Right now it is 4.30 pm and the temperature is 32 degrees C, with a comment on the weather forecast - 'feels like 36!' precipitation 55%. Tonight's forecast is 23 degrees C, 80% precipitation.
Tropical indeed!



This 'fire-pit' is in our garden and is where we can have a barbeque or campfire. In an earlier post we shared this with our neighbours when we had them over for dinner.


My bedroom is on the corner downstairs. I have windows on two sides and have them open all the time. I also keep the fan going whenever I am in the room and never have more than a sheet over me at night. It's serioulsy warm and humid all the time here at this time of year.


I've let you see this picture BIG because it is breathtakingly beautiful! This is the view we all love most from the house. This photo is taken from the upstairs window in the living area and so we get to enjoy it very often.

Before I sign off I must make a couple of corrections to my last blog post. 

Olivia THROWS me under a bus rather than pushes me under a bus! Far more violent!
Some Amercians call the evening meal dinner. It depends on which state one comes from
 and I forgot to say that my American housemates 'make' an egg for breakfast rather than 'cook' an egg and they 'make' a right instead of 'turning' right in the traffic.

What a diverse and beautiful world we live in!


No comments:

Post a Comment