Search This Blog

Saturday 15 September 2012

Thai flora and fauna

Little creatures at our place here are different here from what I find at my place in Australia.

We have many tiny little frogs in our garden. When we walk across the lawn we are likely to disturb quite a number in just a few metres.


This little fellow is about the size of my thumb nail. 


And this is one of many little geckos that keep our place almost mozzie free as they climb on our wire screens and eat the insects. I have counted up to eleven of them on the screens at one time. Very cute and very useful!


But I don't think the lizards do anything to keep the ants away! These are about the size of my thumbnail and aparently they give a nasty bite. I haven't had the misfortune to be bitten by one.


And have you ever seen anything like this? I haven't! I have no idea what he might be but I think he's really interesting!


This stunning orchid is in flower outside my bedroom window right now. What we might see as exotic and exceptional orchids at home are commonplace here. I marvel at God's amazing creation. How diverse! How magnificent! 


And last of all a gorgeous water lily growing in some water along the street in the city.

The tropical climate here grows very different things and grows things very differently! 

The bamboo is HUGE in our garden!


No comments:

Post a Comment