Search This Blog

Thursday 7 May 2015

Communion in Jerusalem

On Sunday morning I attended the morning worship service at Christ Church in the old city of Jerusalem. 
The church was packed to overflowing with believers in Jesus from many nations speaking many languages.  
It was thrilling to be amongst a large congregation singing:

"Every tongue in heaven and earth, shall declare your glory
Every knee shall bow at your throne, in worship
You will be exalted Oh God, and your kingdom, shall not pass away,
Oh Ancient of Days"

Here we all were declaring God's glory, exalting Him, worshipping Him together IN JERUSALEM,
  and declaring:
"We believe in the crucifixion
We believe that He conquered death
We believe in the resurrection
And He's comin' back again, we believe"
Awesome!

And then communion at the altar rail was a sacred moment for me. After visiting the Garden of Gethsemane a few days earlier and thinking of the struggle Jesus had with His impending death, it was easy to picture these events and the choice He made for me . . . and for all mankind. Here I was thanking Jesus for shedding His blood for me, right in the city where He hung on a cross, gave His life, shed His blood, paid my ransom, bought my freedom. It was within walking distance of where I was right then. Added a whole new depth to the meaning of His sacrifice for me and for all.
I am so thankful for the opportunity to be in Jerusalem, to walk these streets where Jesus walked, where He chose to die and where He rose to life again.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds awesome Jane, a life changing trip for you. God is good and greatly to be praised.

    ReplyDelete