Search This Blog

Wednesday 6 May 2015

The Garden of Gethsemane

"When he had finished praying, Jesus left with his disciples and crossed the Kidron Valley. On the other side there was a garden, and he and his disciples went into it." 
John 18:1


Last week Rosie and I crossed the Kidron Valley from Jerusalem  


 and visited that very same garden!

In Matthew 26:39 we are told that "He fell with his face to the ground and prayed, 'My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.'" 


And in Matthew 26:42 "He went away a second time and prayed, 'My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done.'"
 


It was very moving to be on the Mount of Olives in the Garden of Gethsemane, knowing that Jesus had been here with His disciples, agonising with God, asking if it was possible for things to be different, but choosing to be obedient to His Father.

Thank you, Jesus.
I am forever thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment