Search This Blog

Tuesday 12 May 2015

Galilee - where Jesus walked, taught, prayed, healed . . . .

After 10 fabulous days in and around Jerusalem we headed north through the harsh terrain of the Judean Hills to the very different Galilee region in the north of Israel.


We stayed three nights at Beit Bracha - House of Blessing - a quiet place of rest at Migdal on the north west coast of the Sea of Galilee (Lake Kinneret)

 

 while we toured the north of Israel at a leisurely pace.


 When I knew I was coming to Israel it was high on my agenda to come to the Sea of Galilee
 to see where Jesus spent a lot of His time,


called the fishermen,


walked with his closest companions,


calmed the storm,


taught on the mountainsides


and so much more.


It has been fabulous gaining perspective and some idea of what it might have been like 2000 years ago when He walked these hills.

This is my last Israel blog post. It has been a wonderful time of education and reflection for me and I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to spend time here.

Thank you Don & Caroline for your warm and excellent hospitality.



No comments:

Post a Comment