Search This Blog

Monday 8 August 2016

Young Leader training

Two weeks ago I went about an hour south west of Addis Ababa to a lovely town called Debra Zeit to be part of training some young leaders. 


Anna came too.
Anna is the YFC National Director of Kenya and also responsible for YFC Young Leader training in Africa.


 We caught a minibus/taxi and then I had my first ride in a bajaj to the school where the training was being held.


Getu, YFC Ministry Coordinator, had invited me to take a session on Overcoming Adversity in Leadership. He thought I would be well suited to the task. Well, we're all entitled to our opinions!


The young leaders, students from years 11, 12 and university, were so interested, attentive and engaged. Such a pleasure to be with them and share some of my life experience with them as well as the prescribed material.


 I had a great time. The young people asked some great questions, I think they learned some things that will be valuable in future ministry and the feedback at the end was very positive and encouraging.


 I'd willingly do something like this again.


Of course young people like to have fun


 and they did plenty of that during the break



and at lunch time.


Often when I am in Africa people who don't have cameras love to just grab mine and take photos. This happened lots that day and they caught some good shots.


Communal eating is really common in Ethiopia and here the combined lunch from all the students was ready to eat


 and so they began.


 The leaders waited for us to take a photo before they started their lunch. Thanks guys.



  Then it was time to take a group photo including Anna and me


 before we headed back to Addis, first in the horse drawn cab and later a minibus/taxi.

What a great day and what an amazing group of young people so enthused to take the message of Jesus to their places of study. I'm so thankful for this opportunity to spend time with them. I expect I'll be meeting up with some of them again at camp this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment