Search This Blog

Sunday 1 July 2018

Lucy is here


When Mal and I returned from Rwanda in 2007, my granddaughter Lucy was three and a half years old. She said she wanted to come to Africa next time. I told here that I would take her when she was 14. Last year she reminded me that she would be 14 in January and I had told her that I'd take her to Africa when she was 14 years old.
 

She arrived in Nairobi on Sunday, accompanied by her dad who is on his way to London for work.

 
 
 Lucy has settled into the African way of life very quickly, fitting with the YFC team,


learning how to make 'African beads',


getting an African hairstyle ,


scooting around 'our place' on a little office chair to find the best wifi position, 


  making friends with little Jonathan and giving him a koala




washing hands, African style, before eating, managing local roads and public transport really well


and enjoying Kenyan ice-cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment