Search This Blog

Sunday 29 July 2018

Huge thanks to the YFC team in Eldoret

Last night I returned to Nairobi after 5 days in Eldoret. It was a 6 hour bus ride each way, but so worthwhile.


I had such a great time with the team there, headed up by Helen.


We studied the Bible together.


I enjoyed lunch with Helen 


and Eric on a couple of the days I was there.


We gathered avocados together


and I was introduced to some of the people YFC partners with in Eldoret. This is the team from New Beginnings, a ministry to young mums in crisis pregnancy, started by Anne, a past coordinator of YFC in Eldoret. They have a wonderful project going.


I also met Bosire, the previous YFC coordinator. Quality guy.

Helen and I walked to the YFC office each day from where I was staying and we had some wonderful talks as we walked, as we sat in the sun, in the office or having lunch together.
Helen is such a great young woman and leader of YFC in Eldoret. I was so impressed. I asked her why its a good place to be and why she would stay with YFC.
She told me that she had been struggling in her spiritual walk some years ago, but since she has been at YFC she has grown spiritually, emotionally, mentally and socially.
"I have a heart for the teenagers and tend to get along easily with them. In a way they find me an easy person to talk with and be open with no matter how ugly their stories might be. I believe God has put me here for a reason, and I’m ready to be used by Him.
I thank God for this opportunity and that’s why I would continue serving here if it’s his will. To share with the young people what the Lord has done for me and give them an opportunity to experience the same."
Quality woman, and, to me, she seems so well suited to this task of coordinating the team in Eldoret.
Thank you so much for taking such good care of me and sharing your life with me, Helen.


We also went shopping together for fabric. Kitenge - beautiful brightly coloured and patterned East African fabric.


I'm going to a wedding on my last Saturday in Kenya and I want to wear something African. Loving the fabric. Thanks for your help in choosing which one, Helen. Now I need to see a tailor who can make it up for me. My friend Irene and I are planning a visit to the tailor this week. Thanks friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment