Search This Blog

Friday 3 October 2014

Dressing for Bangladesh


The clothing of the Bangladeshi women is so very colourful,

 

and feminine and pretty. My Aussie clothes just didn't look right here. 


I decided that I needed to get on board while I'm here
  and so two of the ladies took me shopping for my very own Salwar Kamiz (x2)


This very pretty pink and yellow one  


and a gorgeous blue and aqua one.

 

 I'm loving wearing them and the 'family' is thrilled that I am wanting to identify with them by wearing the clothing they wear. Mind you, its no hardship!



Yesterday these three gorgeous ladies told me that today they wanted to dress me in a Bangladeshi saree. And so today we had lots of fun doing just that. At the end they told me it was a gift. It's beautiful, don't you think? I sure am thrilled. Everyone in the office was so happy to see me dressed like a Bangladeshi woman.



 What a colourful clothesline for the home where 27 girls live. A bit more colour than most clothes lines in Australia, eh?



2 comments:

  1. Love the blue and aqua particularly. You definitely look the part :). Love to the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those clothes look so comfortable! And I love the clothesline - no 'Melbourne black' there.

    ReplyDelete