Search This Blog

Wednesday 23 August 2017

Panaquatira Day

I wasn't ready for the wonderful surprises in my great day out with Patricia and Alicia, when they invited me to go with them to the weekly meeting of the pastors of the Igreja (Church) Batista International.


I met these two gorgeous ladies (mother and daughter) last week, because they are from the church that partnered with YFC for Escola da Vida last week. 


  What a wonderful idea it is for the pastors of this movement to meet weekly 


for prayer, encouragement and refreshment 


in this very peaceful setting some distance from the city of  São Luis.


They spend the morning reading the Bible together, talking through any issues they are facing as a church and pray for each other.


I was asked to share about what I do as a Senior Servant.
It was also an opportunity to tell other pastors about the Escola da Vida program and how the local church can be a part of the ministry.


 While the 'business' was happening with the pastors, the ladies in the kitchen were cooking up


 some of the most delicious food I have eaten in Brazil. This was a beautiful fish dish



and the pastors were eager to line up for lunch.


We all had the opportunity to chat over lunch


 and enjoy each other's company

 
and spend more quality time together.


And after lunch, the Brazilian rest in the rede (hammock), for some, before we headed back to the city.
Thank you so much for including me, Patricia and Alicia. It was a special day out with you ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment