Search This Blog

Wednesday 29 August 2018

A very special Kenyan wedding

On Saturday I went to a wedding! Sooo good.
Let me show you just a glimpse through some of the photos I took.There are many. Know that I have many more suitable, but I had trouble deciding which ones to leave out. 
You'll notice some differences between weddings you might be used to and this one.


 The pictures will tell most of the story




 Parents of the groom 


 followed by the most outwardly excited groom I have ever seen.


 the little nieces and nephews - gorgeous, yes?


 the bridesmaids -


and these are only two of the many.


Mother of the bride, my dear friend Grace, previous YFC National Director, with her son

 
and her husband Fred, the bride's father, walking in with the bride.


 At this Kenyan wedding the parents of both bride and groom were invited to give away their children. There were smiles and hugs all round. There's that happy bridegroom again,


and the happy couple after they had been pronounced man and wife.


This very African looking tent was our eating place


and I really appreciated this instructive sign. The bride and groom are from different tribes and here that matters and has the potential to be divisive.


These some of my new friends for the day


It is common for cousins to wear outfits made from the same fabric as all the other cousins. Caleb is a cousin on the bride's side.
 

There was quite a queue at the porta-loos and these four ladies decided they couldn't wait and headed off into the bush. I was amused.


Dancers from one tribe entertained us. The other tribe had different dancers and I missed a shot of them. Sorry.


The atmosphere was very relaxed


and it was a good time to catch up with friends. Here John from KYFC is with his wife Fab,


  and a group of YFC people, including Anna, the national Director. Great conversations.


 At cake cutting time the bride and groom take the first pieces of cake on a fork and feed each other.


My friend Grace, husband Fred (who is actually way more famous that his wife) and the newlywed couple.  Happy looking people, yes?
I had a really great time enjoying the different style of wedding and the culture and customs that made it so enjoyable and interesting.
And the company was very good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment