Search This Blog

Saturday 6 June 2015

And so what am I eating in Uganda?


For brekky before I leave home in the mornings


I’m eating fresh bananas and mangoes. Yum!

When we get to the YFC office we ‘take tea’ – black tea with powdered ginger added – LOVE it! plus deep friend cassava



or deep fried mandazi or ‘daddies’ 


 or a plain buttered sweet bread sandwich like this.

 We all eat lunch at the YFC centre during the week.
I’ll be getting all the carbs I need for the next couple of months!
 

We eat Posho (cornflour and water) a couple of times a week. Here its served with an eggplant stew.
 

 Beans of some sort plus rice is often served. Its tasty and I enjoy.


 Yesterday I saw Ruth cooking this smoked and salted fish soup (we'd call it sauce)


 and was rather interested to eat it for lunch.



Actually I enjoyed it along with Posho and mashed green bananas.


And at night I eat lots of fresh vegetables so readily available - to compensate for all those carbs during the day but also because that’s what I love most.

No comments:

Post a Comment