Search This Blog

Thursday 25 June 2015

Generosity at Idudi

I was privileged to see and to be the recipient of the wonderful generosity of these lovely people who 


have no funds to complete their houses


 but want to give generously to others.


I left Annette and John's house with delicious pineapple, mangoes and tomatoes.


Rebecca and her husband, Menya, sent me home with  avocadoes, passionfruit and greens,


and a chicken (alive, of course, because without refrigeration it will need to be alive until its time to eat it)!!
I was unsure what to do with my chicken until it is ready to eat, but we have come up with a solution. She is now in residence at Mirembe House (where the YFC offic also is) in Kampala until she is ready to be 'cut'. I'm not sure if that will be before I leave Uganda or not.


 When we left Idudi for the return journey to Kampala we had a van loaded with more chickens (tucked in at the right),


  a HUGE home grown jackfruit,


sacks of freshly picked mangoes,


 eggplants and cassava,


 passionfruit seedlings to grow more at home, lots of ripe passionfruit and some very happy passengers. I'm learning so much about generosity in Uganda.


No comments:

Post a Comment